2009年5月26日 星期二

"I Love My Prophet."

Cool | 26.05.2009 | 16:30

Muslim German designer combines fashion with faith

It all began with a T-shirt bearing the slogan "I Love My Prophet." After overwhelming interest in his creation, a designer in Germany tapped into a market for modern, urban clothes and accessories with a Muslim message.

Melih Kesmen began his Styleislam project three years ago, as the scandal raged over caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed printed in a Danish newspaper. He wanted to respond peacefully, in a creative and productive way, so he made a T-shirt printed with the slogan "I Love My Prophet."

So many people literally wanted to buy the shirt off of his back that Kesmen, who is trained as a graphic designer, recognized the untapped market for trendy clothes with a Muslim message. COOL caught up with him to hear the tricks of his trade.

(Report: Heiner Kiesel / Kate Bowen)

沒有留言: