See his autobiography (1960); biographical study by T. S. Buechner (1970); biography by L. Claridge (2001).
- Norman Rockwell's "Freedom From Want," 1943.
Damien Cave writes:
It is Sunday afternoon at the Aventura Mall in South Florida, and I’ve come to gauge the impact of a handful of images displayed in 14-foot-high posters near Nordstrom. Culled from a surprising new exhibition at the Wolfsonian museum at Florida International University titled “Thoughts on Democracy,” they are all artists’ responses to Rockwell’s wartime “Four Freedoms” series.
A new exhibition in Florida features 60 artists’ responses to Norman Rockwell’s wartime “Four Freedoms” series.
Wikipedia article "Norman Rockwell".
- Norman Rockwell Museum, Vermont
- Norman Rockwell official web site
- Complete Image Archive of Post-1922 Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post Covers
- Norman Rockwell WWII posters, hosted by the University of North Texas Libraries Digital Collections
- Norman Rockwell at Find a Grave
- Shea, Christopher. "Portrait of the artist as a dirty old man" Boston Globe October 1, 2006.
- Art Directors Club biography, portrait and images of work